(Photo shows; Alwoodley 8th 537yds par 5)
An annual UK competition called “The MacKenzie Medallion Tournament” is hosted by a member club of The Alister MacKenzie Society of Great Britain and Ireland. This was started at Alwoodley in 1999 and has been hosted annually by Members of The MacKenzie Society.
All Clubs which are members of the The MacKenzie Society are entitled and encouraged to participate in the tournament.
The 2020 MacKenzie Medallion Tournament
The 2020 Medallion has been cancelled owing to the current Covid 19 restrictions.
Bramall Park GC will host the 2021 Medallion on Sunday 5 September.
Previous medallion winners
- 1999 Sand Moor at Alwoodley
- 2000 Bingley St Ives at Cavendish
- 2001 Sand Moor at Bingley St Ives
- 2002 South Leeds at Reddish Vale
- 2003 Sand Moor at Sand Moor
- 2004 Walsall at Walsall
- 2005 Headingley at Teignmouth
- 2006 Hadley Wood at Hadley Wood
- 2007 South Moor at Alwoodley
- 2008 Alwoodley at Darlington
- 2009 Hadley Wood at Headingley
- 2010 Sutton Coldfield at Sutton Coldfield
- 2011 Weston super Mare at Weston super Mare
- 2012 Walsall at Reddish Vale
- 2013 Garforth at Garforth
- 2014 Hazel Grove at Oakdale
- 2015 Horsforth at Leeds
- 2016 Crowborough Beacon at Crowborogh Beacon
- 2017 Event cancelled
- 2018 Crosland Heath at Crosland Heath
- 2019 Nelson at Nelson