Dore and Totley Golf Club of Sheffield is the latest club to be welcomed to membership of the Society.
The club was founded in 1913 and no time was wasted in inviting Dr MacKenzie to view the proposed site and draw up plans for the new course.
Due to the onset of World War 1 completion of the construction of the 18 hole layout, with 2 loops of 9 holes, was not completed until 1915. The course rapidly became popular, and unlike other clubs in Sheffield allowed Sunday Play. James Braid was called in in 1922 to advise on additional bunkering to toughen up the course, and some further changes were made in 2005.
This mature parkland course, less undulating than other local courses, retains many features of MacKenzie’s work, and provides enjoyable golf for players of all levels